Thursday, December 28, 2006

Dinner was a trip....

Literally. As Nicole said, we had "special mushroooms" for dinner last night. Our original plan was to head downtown via limo bus for an industry new year party, but instead we meandered to Club 710 (formerly Blind Melons) for a friend's band debut. The first band was good, the second (Yesterday's Paper)....was quite a show, but not so much a show of talent.... So we decided to head to The Shack (from here on out known as the watering hole) for a final drink before we head home. It could have been an early night, but what fun would that be? We met a guy, Jarrod, who had some mushrooms at his house. Nicole and I take off thinking we would actually come back to the bar, but Jess & Deanna are wise to our game by now, and followed us out. We all eat, and decide to hang out at Jarrod's and play with his snakes. Not snake, snakes. Two babies and one medium sized python of some sort.

Here's where the night gets interesting: "Trippin' Nicole". As Jess called it, she was "like a five-year old at Disney for the first time." Trippin' Nicole ROCKS! We started out by watching the Incubus "Live at Red Rocks" DVD. This is highly suggested! Deanna and Jess leave for 10 minutes, but every minute and a half, Nicole, amused by the snake, says "They've been gone a LONG time." It was very cute. Even better, was losing the snake in the side of poor Jarrod's chair and having to cut the fellow out. Maybe you had to be there.....

Jess and Deanna finally arrive back at Jarrod's and reveal that they drove home to get some sweatshirts. Nicole replies "You know how to get home? That such a long way!" (We are a few blocks down the street). Jess is ready to go home, so we head back, Jarrod in tow. We arrive at the Casa de Windansea when it dawns on me that I have forgotten my purse. I think I am clever, but at 2 AM tripping with your roommates, nothing is clever. Deanna wants to know where I am going. I reply--I'm going back to Jarrod's to get my purse.

Deanna:"You're going to walk all that way?"

Macie: "No, I'm not THAT stupid--I was going to steal Nicole's Car and drive."

I didn't think she would notice....

Upon my return, we decide to watch the AFI Live DVD. For the first time I understood everything Davey had to say! The night faded, and I woke up to a note from Jarad, and 4 hours late for work. Nice.

Mushrooms make an excellent addition to any meal.

No comments: