Dedicated to Nicole, a loyal and avid reader.
After lunch at the mall today, Nicole and I stopped by the Verizon booth with two very specific purposes. Nicole's phone stopped working this morning, and I needed a notification turned off. The customer service rep who looked at Nicole's phone attempted to turn it on and after failure informed her that a red dot under the battery indicated water damage. The occurance of this water damage is still a mystery, however, Nicole asked if the rep could transfer the numbers from her new phone to her old one. After another failed attempt, the rep informed her that he could not transfer the numbers, but if she could turn the phone on, he could do so. Nicole's response: "If I could turn the phone on, I wouldn't need to transfer the numbers."
My turn. Simple request. My phone is receiving a text message as a "courtesy" (which I contend is not a courtesy, rather a nuisance) every time I send a text message to a non-verizon wireless customer. Before I really ask anything the rep responds "Yes, that is a notification. You can call customer service." To which I respond "Do you know how to turn it off?" I may have looked annoyed, but since I can't see myself, I don't know. Nicole however, said exactly what I was thinking: "We know it is a notification. We need to know how to make it stop" (I'm paraphrasing a bit).
The service rep: "Let me rephrase. I don't know anything about it."
There is an age old saying that applies: " THINK before you speak."
High fives for an entertaining lunch break!
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment