Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Vicious Circle--the Christmas blog

Every holiday, my sister and I go round and round in the same circle. Somehow, I seem to get exactly what I want, while she somehow does not. This year, she got upset, said that the holidays aren't about family anymore, and that they are all about the gifts, and in the next breath said that she was upset because I went shopping with my mom to pick out what I wanted and knew some of what I was getting. She would have done the same if she knew she could. Conflicting....

Then, she got upset at my brother because he wanted to go see his friends who are leaving in a week to go to boot camp, and Christmas day would be one of the last times he'd get to see them for a year. She said it should be about "family". The same day, we drove to El Cajon to drop off a girl (who is underprivileged, so it was a nice act) to her aunt's. This was sort of conflicting with what she said, but then later got really upset because we were late getting home from my grandma's (whose last Christmas this may be) and she wanted to go pick up another underprivileged girl with CF and bring her over to the house. Now I know her freaking bleeding heart has good intentions, but it shouldn't discredit my brother's feelings from wanting a little time away from the family who he sees all the time to visit his friends before they go.

All this from the only one in the family who spent the entire time we were playing games text messaging friends and complaining about something. Bah, humbug!

Now that I've vented, I do believe the other girls had a lot of fun--the "very asian christmas" at our house was successful. You see, Nicole and Deanna, who "don't quite make a whole asian, but can cook sushi like no other" invited Bill over since those three weren't going home for Christmas and cooked sushi. I can't vouch for all of the events, but I did see one very drunken wrestling video where Nicole and Deanna couldn't really decide who was pinning who, and the game "sorry" appeared from somewhere (Bill probably turned it into a drinking game).

We will be having some post Christmas fun that I will be sure to blog about very soon! And let's not forget the fantastic four will be in Tahoe for New Year. Trouble is bound to follow.

No comments: