Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sweet Closure

Since it's been a while since the four of us have caused any major mischief I'll defer to an older story, previously not posted on myspace or the like.

Have you ever been in love and just KNOWN the other person didn't feel the same? I dated a boy we'll call Roy...and I knew it just wasn't mutual, but I fought it for a little while. He sort of won me over with a witty charm that I have since found unmatched. Shortly after a year of dating and we split, I do believe he fell in love with another girl. It was painful, and I was nothing short of crazy for a drunken moment in time when I found out.

A year after we split and shortly before Vegas this year (there will be blogs detailing our Vegas debauchery) I went to a Veruca Salt concert with Eve & Jess. Roy got us into the show. After a few vodkas, Eve decides I should thank him for the tickets to the show instead of ignoring him. I do, we talk for a little while, and he wants me to come home with him. I haven't really had the "I miss him" feelings for a long time, but I am quite sure that at least I can have a "comfortable" post-breakup hookup. I leave with him, and glory be, when I woke up the next day, I didn't miss him, and quite frankly couldn't figure out why I dated him in the first place. I'm not sure which was better: the closure or the orgasm.

1 comment:

Deep said...

Oh dear me, oh my.