Who are "they"?
Have you ever heard someone refer to absolutely nothing or no one by using "they"? (ex-Why did they say it was going to rain?) I caught myself doing so during a discussion with my roommates and Bill regarding this year's daylight savings changes. In case you aren't aware, daylight savings time will be extended in order to conserve energy starting this year.
This answers my question of "Why are they doing that?", but poses another question. Who the F are "they"? The Time Committee? Who gets that job? What are those office parties like? "Yeh, man, this year was tough. I wasn't sure time was going to change."
"Time? I was worried about Fall. I mean, what with global warming and all I thought maybe it would get skipped! How would time fall back if that happened!"
Regardless, I'd like to know who "they" are. "They" in general. All those lost people out there who remain nameless and unrecognized. Throw out some kudos if you belong to the mysterious "they". Until then, I remain perplexed.
Monday, January 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment