Monday, January 8, 2007

It's good to be at the place that I don't not live

Every now and again, I'll be at a table full of 15 of my friends, laughing over the previous night's events while drinking a bloody mary or mimosa, and all I can think is it's a wonderful life. I feel blessed that I have friends who I can count on, who I trust, and who I never fail to have a rock-star time with.
For the New Year, we decided to go to South Lake Tahoe. In the spirit of adding a little beauty to my blog (for you, Chris) I cannot explain to you how gorgeous this lake truly is. The freshly fallen snow illuminated the trees and parts of the mountains truly looked like a winter wonderland dusted by mother nature to remind me how natural beauty can be.
I would like to add, that Tahoe was by far the best New Year experience EVER! I feel wiser. I chose not to gamble with money at the casino, but rather to gamble with my braincells. I do believe my bet was safe, as I think I came out on top. To prove it, here is what I learned this weekend:
~I like banana waffles.
~I am a pickier eater than I thought.
~Doing Jager shots before 5 PM is not a good idea.
~Do not mix antibiotics with Jager and refuse to eat dinner in the same two hour period.
~Hot tubs are warm even when it's 20 degrees out.
~Snowboarding is now my new favorite pasttime.
~Watching a UFC fight on a 20 inch TV in a crowded smoky casino is very much like watching football.
~Hard Rock Cafe makes really good bloody mary's.
~Football is best when viewed on very large TVs in a stadium style bar.
~Dallas and TO can bite me--any team who loses to the Detroit Lions have no trash talking rights.
~Subway meatball subs are a great hangover cure.
~Spending a Saturday night in watching the Exorcist I & II isn't a bad idea.
~Jumping on the bed is old fashioned fun for any age.
~Rolling into a club that requires $80 tickets for free with a camera crew behind you definitely puts you in the rockstar category. Please keep your eye on G4 TV.
~Drinking twice in the same weekend on a stomach deprived of food for a 24-hour period leads to a houdini.
~A four way kiss is impossible and kind of gross.
~Jess can dance while laying down. (there is proof!)
~Eve turns to "Eve-il" when smoking.
~Drunk Nicole and Drunk Deanna like to give lap dances.
~Sometimes you can go to a restaurant and feel like a yankee stuck in the south. Fucking Carrow's.
~Girls rock at fantasy football and some people should just admit it. Girls on TOP!
~A singing panda goes "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"
~"GRRRRR" always means "bear".
~Ringo Starr and George Harrison were NOT the most popular Beatles.
~There is no such thing as a pussy dam.
~No one actually knows what the "Shroud of Turin" is.
~There are several ways to describe "all wet."
It's overwhelming how much one can learn when gambling with your braincells. I must say, it's good to be back at the place I don't not live.

No comments: